Posted 24 October 2007. Applied Turfgrass Science.
The Scotts Company Adds New Combination Fertilizers to Landscaper Pro Line
The Scotts Company LLC.
Marysville, Ohio (October 17, 2007) —The Scotts Company LLC has added six new ways for landscape professionals to offer their clients greener, thicker turf, free from weeds and insects. The company’s new Landscaper PRO™ line now includes six innovative combination fertilizers that incorporate pest-control ingredients, herbicides or vital micronutrients with Scotts proven Poly-S® controlled release technology for balanced nutrition.
The Scotts Company, the leader in turf and landscape care, developed the Landscaper PRO line after speaking with turf managers and landscape professionals to determine their specific needs. In addition to the new combination fertilizers, the Landscaper PRO product line also includes four granular premium fertilizers and two durable spreaders. According to Chris Buchheit, marketing manager of controlled release fertilizers for The Scotts Company, Landscaper PRO makes it simple for landscape professionals to design a comprehensive, budget-friendly annual program for any turf.
“We understand that landscapers need affordable products that can still provide top-notch results,” Buchheit said. “The new combination fertilizers in the Landscaper PRO line enhance multi-step programs for residential customers as well as cost-cutting, long-term performance for commercial clients, all with the brand-name equity associated with the Scotts name.”
Landscaper PRO’s six new combination fertilizers include:
• Landscaper PRO™ 30-3-4 with Pre-Emergent Weed Control prevents crabgrass, foxtail, spurge, oxalis and other grassy and broadleaf weeds.
• Landscaper PRO™ 22-0-8 with Grub Control kills grubs for a full season.
• Landscaper PRO™ 26-2-9 Turf Fertilizer 3-Way for St. Augustine kills dollarweed and other common lawn weeds, as well as fire ants, while strengthening turf against heat and drought.
• Landscaper PRO™ 28-3-3 with Post-Emergent Weed Control eliminates dandelion, chickweed, knotweed, plantain, henbit, spurge and more than 200 other broadleaf weeds.
• Landscaper PRO™ 24-0-8 with Insect Control kills and prevents insects for up to three months.
• Landscaper PRO™ 32-0-10 Turf Fertilizer with 2% Iron and 1% Magnesium provides enhanced greening and controlled release nitrogen for extended feeding. Specifically for soils containing adequate phosphorous levels.
An extensive network of Scotts Territory Managers is available to help landscapers choose the Landscaper PRO products most appropriate for their turf needs. As always, landscapers can feel confident using Landscaper PRO products, knowing that they were designed following extensive research by the professionals at Scotts. Landscaper PRO products can be purchased from select Scotts Landscaper PRO distributors.
Based in Marysville, Ohio, The Scotts Company LLC is the world’s leading producer and marketer of professional horticulture products. The Company’s industry-leading brands include Osmocote® controlled release fertilizers, Peters Professional® and Peters Excel® water-soluble fertilizers, Landscaper PRO™ turf and ornamental fertilizers and a portfolio of herbicide, miticide and fungicide products.