Posted 25 June 2012. Crop Management.
Asgrow Brand Rock Star Products Take the Stage in 2013
A chart-topping roster of proven performance is available with Asgrow Rock Star products to help achieve maximum soybean yield potential
Source: Monsanto Company Press Release. www.monsanto.com
St. Louis, Missouri (June 4, 2012)--The Asgrow® brand in 2013 is shining the spotlight on its Rock Star products—featuring the brand’s high-performing products that deliver consistent results, top-end yield and high-performing genetics for farmers.
These featured products combine Monsanto’s latest soybean trait technology, Genuity® Roundup Ready 2 Yield®, with exclusive Asgrow genetics from the industry’s leading breeding program to maximize soybean yield potential as part of the Asgrow Performance System.
“It’s an exciting time for Asgrow to bring farmers Rock Star products that shine with consistency, reliability and high-yield potential,” says Todd Heap, Asgrow product manager. “Farmers can be confident selecting these products that feature improved agronomic traits and the best of the Asgrow breeding program. The Asgrow Rock Star products are tried and true performers that farmers have had success with since they were brought to the marketplace. In 2013, the products will receive a bit more attention as Asgrow Rock Stars.”
The inaugural class of Asgrow Rock Star products include:
• AG0832 brand (LATE 0) is a soybean with outstanding yield potential, solid agronomic traits and broad Phytophthora protection. Key strengths of this product include its wide adaptability, excellent emergence and standability, and good tolerance to iron deficiency chlorosis.
• AG1431 brand (MID 1) shines with a strong agronomic and defensive trait package. This product combines elite genetics with the latest soybean yield trait to offer tremendous performance potential.
• AG2031 brand (EARLY II) delivers strong performance, important defensive traits and good supporting agronomics. This product is adaptable to multiple tillage systems.
• AG2431 brand (MID II) provides amped up yield potential, strong agronomics and broad adaptation to multiple environments. This product is a medium-tall plant with good emergence and standability.
• AG3231 brand (EARLY III) combines exceptional yield potential with excellent standability and defensive traits. This versatile product responds well to a variety of agronomic production systems.
• AG3731 brand (LATE III) features soybean cyst nematode resistance, good southern stem canker tolerance and multi-race Phytophthora protection. It also combines high-end yield potential with good agronomic characteristics.
• AG3832 brand (LATE III) is a show-stopping product with excellent yield potential, wide adaption, strong agronomic characteristics and a broad defensive package. This product has shown outstanding performance across the late maturity group 3 growing region and is a flexible product that performs well in multiple soil types and production systems.
• AG4232 brand (EARLY IV) brings excellent yield potential, good agronomic traits and tolerance to several important diseases. It has shown strong performance across the Midwest.
Asgrow Rock Star products are designed to perform within the Asgrow Performance System, which is a full-season management system including the “4P’s” – PLAN, PLANT, PROTECT and PERFORM. Asgrow agronomists encourage farmers to follow a season-long approach to increase the yield potential and profitability of their Asgrow Genuity Roundup Ready 2 Yield soybeans. Starting with pre-planting decisions to select the right product to match the agronomic conditions of the field, then protecting yield with Acceleron® Seed Treatment Products and Roundup Ready PLUS™ Weed Management Solutions, farmers can optimize their soybean acres for maximum performance and take more bushels to the bin at harvest.