Posted 26 September 2014. PMN Crop News.
Source: Agdia Press Release. www.agdia.com
Elkhart, Indiana (September 22, 2014)--AmplifyRP Discovery Kits provide all the reagents necessary to amplify DNA at a single operating temperature (39°C) lyophilized into individual reaction pellets.
The end-user can then design their own primers and probes for a specific target, mix them with our amplification reagents, and get results (generally in less than 30 minutes). RNA amplification is also possible with the addition of reverse transcriptase. Download the AmplifyRP Discovery Help Book.
The testing process is simple
• Make a Master Mix using a supplied rehydration buffer and the primers & probe that you design
• Rehydrate the reaction pellets included in the kit using the Master Mix
• Heat the reaction at 39°C for 15 to 30 minutes. This step may be done using a portable heat block for end-point detection (Acceler8) OR using a portable fluorometer which will also display results in real-time (XRT)
• Get results!
What's included in each kit?
• 48 reaction pellets
• 1 mL Rehydration Buffer
• 1 mL 280mM Magnesium Acetate Solution
• Crude sample extraction. No DNA or RNA purification required
• Amplify trace levels of template to a range of about 1012 amplicons in minutes
• Portable. Can be tailored to work in the laboratory or in the field
• Excellent alternative to PCR or other isothermal technologies
• More intuitive primer design compared to some other methods. AmplifyRP only requires one set of primers and a probe to function properly
• Collaborative opportunities with a commercial diagnostic company that has several years of experience developing isothermal assays for plant pathogens
Available in two formats
• AmplifyRP Acceler: Designed for end-point detection of amplified product using a lateral flow strip that is housed inside an amplicon detection chamber.
• AmplifyRP XRT: Real-time detection of amplified product using one of several commercially available portable fluorometers.
Available fall 2014.